Your call to action can make or break the success of your entire campaign! That’s why you’ll want to give careful consideration as to how to craft your call to action (CTA). Use this four-step checklist to help you out…
First off, you need to decide what you want your readers to do when they get to the end of your content. Choose just one goal, such as:
- Buying a product.
- Requesting a lead magnet.
- Filling out a form.
- Picking up the phone to call you.
- Sharing your content.
- Joining your social media networks.
- Watching a video.
- Reading a blog post.
- Listening to an audio.
- Registering for a webinar.
- Entering a contest.
You may have another goal in mind. Select your goal and then move onto the next step.
Now you need to be sure your content leads to your call to action. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is your content specifically and highly related to the call to action?
- Are people who are interested in the content of the email naturally likely to be interested in taking the requested action?
- Is your content useful yet incomplete, so that people need to click the link to learn more, get more benefits, etc?
- You’re selling an organic gardening course in an email. Your email outlines five basic steps of setting up an organic garden. This naturally leads to the call to action for the course, where people can get in-depth details about setting up their garden.
- You’re selling an autoresponder service as an affiliate. Your email outlines a step-by-step for setting up an email marketing system, including choosing and setting up an autoresponder. Your content naturally leads to the recommendation for your affiliate offer.
- You write a direct-response advertisement for your new book, which shares all the benefits customers will enjoy once they read and apply what they’ve learned. Your content naturally leads to the link and call to action.
Now that you’ve set up your content in way that leads to your call to action, it’s time to tell people exactly what you want them to do next. Here are example phrases you can use to create your CTA:
- Click here to get started.
- Take out your credit card and click here to get your copy now.
- Click here to share this content with your friends.
- Pick up the phone and call [number] now for your free 10-minute consultation.
- Fill in the form below and click “submit” to get your free no-obligation quote.
- Watch the video now – click here!
- Like us on Facebook!
- Enter the contest by filling in the form below.
- Click here and enter coupon code BUYNOW to snag yourself a great deal!
- See for yourself what [product name] can do for you. Click here to get started!
Telling people exactly what you want them to do is half the equation. The other half is tell them WHY they should take that action. In other words, create a sense of urgency.
Here are three ways to do to this:
- Present a limited time offer, such as scarce discount or bonus offer.
- Remind them of what good will happen if they take the suggested action. Appeal to their emotions.
- Remind them of what potential consequences they’ll face if they don’t take action.
- Click here to order your copy – and do it now before the introductory sale price is gone for good!
- Click here to share this with your friends now because it will make you feel like a hero!
- Click here to download this free weight loss report now – and soon you too will be dropping jaws all over town!
- Click here to get this anti-aging secret – and do it now, because you’ll be the envy of all your friends!
- Click here to watch this free video now – and hurry, because it won’t be available for much longer!
- Get your copy of this amazing app now before the next price jump. Click here to get started!
- Snag a 50% discount a free cookbook by clicking here now – hurry, this offer ends in just 24 hours!
- Warning! Don’t become the victim of identity theft. Protect yourself now by clicking here…
- You deserve whiter teeth and a more beautiful smile! Find out how to get it by clicking here…
- Change your body, change your life. Click here to get started now – and hurry while you can still get these secrets for free!
There you have it – a four step checklist for creating results-driven calls to action. Now here’s one more tip: track, test and tweak your calls to action! You’ll never find out what’s working unless you actual test your calls to action. So put this checklist and these tips to work for you today!<img src="https://marketingconsultantplr.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Funnel-Scripts-2.png" width="" height=""