So you’re setting up your lead-capture system, and one of the things you need to do is create a lead magnet. This is an important piece, because your lead magnet and the follow up emails you send are going to be intricately linked.
So how do you set up this lead magnet? Use this checklist…
You may be tempted to promote multiple products, but in most cases (unless you’re creating something like a gear list or resource list), you’re better off focusing on promoting just one product. Generally this is your tripwire product.
You have a lot of options from which to choose, including these 15 ideas:
- Ebook or report.
- Gear list or resource list.
- Cheat sheet.
- Mind map.
- Worksheet or workbook.
- Planner or calendar.
- Access to a membership site.
- Access to a private group.
- Access to a live webinar.
- An app or other tool.
Choose the one that best fits the product you intend to promote.
For example, if you’re selling a debt management guide, then a set of debt management worksheets will be useful in leading prospects to your tripwire product.
Another example: if you’re selling business start-up information, then a set of cheat sheets might be a good bet. That’s because you can provide an overview of the process with steps and tips, but prospects need to purchase your product to get in-depth how-to information.
One more example: if you’re selling an app, then offer a “lite” version of this app as a free lead magnet.
TIP: Do some market research to determine what types of products and topics are highly desirable in your niche. If people are buying a certain type of product, then you can be they’ll snap it up if you offer something similar as a free lead magnet.
You will want to create the lead magnet around the product you are promoting.
Now it’s time to actually create the lead magnet with the goal of promoting the product at the end.
Use this mini checklist to create it (keeping in mind not everything will be applicable for all types of lead magnets):
- Choose an attractive, attention-getting name for your magnet. EG, “The Seven Secrets For Fast Fat Loss Every Woman Over 40 Ought to Know!”
- Plan how to create something useful yet incomplete, which naturally leads to your paid offer. For example:
-Offer an overview of a process in the lead magnet, and point to the paid offer to get the full details.
-Offer tips in the lead magnet, and direct people to the main product to get the in-depth information.
- Be sure you’re creating a high-quality magnet You want to make a great impression so people will buy from you.
- Start simultaneously planning your follow-up emails. Everyone who requests your lead magnet should also get a series of emails which aim to promote the tripwire product. So think about what sorts of additional tips and useful advice you can send to those who already possess the lead magnet.
- Insert at least one strong call to action (CTA) and a link. If it’s a big product, like an ebook, you might insert a CTA at the beginning, middle and end. If it’s small product, like a cheat sheet, then insert one CTA at the end.
-Now that you know how to set up your mailing list, you’ll want to open an account with the most reliable and trusted email service provider bar none. Click here to get started…
-You just discovered seven ways to boost your metabolism. These tips alone will easily help you lose those first five to ten pounds. But if you have more weight to lose, then you’re going to want to check out the diet guide that over 3500 people trust to lose weight safely and effectively. Click here to find out what this diet can do for you…
Now proof, polish and format… and you’re done!
If you follow the simple steps you just learned for creating a lead magnet, you’re sure to have a good product on your hands that will impress your prospects and boost your conversion rates!