For the past few years there’s been a huge push on the topic of Content Creation and how vital it is to most online businesses.
I’ll be honest. I ignored it for a very long time. I didn’t really think it was that important.
Until something happened that changed by business mindset forever!
What happened, you ask?
I’ll speak specifically about this blog here at MCPLR.
I used to make blog posts at least every other week. Which in the grand scheme of things wasn’t a lot. But it was what I was committed to doing.
And every time I posted on my blog, my traffic, engagement and sales would go up! Every. Single. Time.
So what did I do? Naturally I stopped blogging!
I thought I could outsmart the system. So I tried doing other things and while some of it worked it still was never as consistent as when I made a simple blog post.
I did some more research into what other people were doing and I noticed something cool.
All the people I talked too experienced similar results as I did. When they posted on their blog their income grew. When they neglected it their income went stagnate.
TWO KEYS TO BLOGGING SUCCESS
And during this research I discovered two key things that get people to read your blog.
What I mean by Value is that your blog posts need to actually help the reader. They can’t ALWAYS be self-promoting or promoting an affiliate product.
Yes those do work as you will notice on this blog. I promote my own products as well as affiliate products all the time. And it boosts my income.
However, I also provide helpful training and insights that help the reader solve a problem, do something better or discover something they didn’t know before. Hence this blog post.
That type of content adds tremendous value to them. And me – since I love helping people!
The second key is volume. This is what I talked about at the beginning of this blog post. You need consistency and the commitment to post content on your blog on a regular basis.
Think about it this way.
If you go to a blog and read one fantastic blog post that changed your life what are you going to do next? Look for more content on that same blog, right!
But what if there is no other content? There is just that one blog post. You’d be totally bummed.
On the other hand, what if there are tons of blog posts – aka the “volume” we speak of – where you can dive deeper into the subject and get even more helpful information? You’d be a very happy person!
And the likelihood of you becoming a customer of that blog increases dramatically.
THE BIG PROBLEM
So now that we can agree that to get people actually reading your blog you need:
- Value and
But there’s a problem.
How do you consistently come up with great content that is valuable and that will allow you to come up with a lot of ideas so you can add tons of volume to your site?
You can site down and brainstorm ideas for hours and hours.
You can take advantage of my special $7.00 report titled, Swipe File: 50 Blog Post Titles.
This report comes with everything you need including:
- Swipe files
- and real world samples of all 50 titles!
Simply fill-in-the blanks for your topic or area of expertise and you’ll have more ideas than you’ll know what to do with.
This is the same report that I use to generate new blog titles all the time!
Here’s a list of the first ten – out of the fifty – you’ll receive:
- X Ways to [Desired Result] in X Days Or Less Example: Three Ways to Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days or Less
- [Topic FAQ] – Your Top 5 [Topic] Questions Answered Example: Your Top Five Homeschooling Questions Answered
- What Do You Think About [Controversial Subject]? Here’s My Take… Example: What Do You Think About Article Spinning? Here’s My Take…
- My X Step System for [Getting Desired Result] Example: My 7-Step System for Quickly and Easily Creating Cash-Pulling Sales Letters
- Don’t Even Think of Trying [Idea or Product] Until You Read This… Example: Don’t Even Think of Trying WebTrafficFuel.com Until You Read This…
- X Tips for [Getting Desired Results] Example: 10 Tips for Looking 10 Years Younger
- X Secrets for [Getting Desired Result] Example: Five Secrets for Selling Your Home Fast – Even in a Weak Market
- The #1 Way to [Get Benefit] Example: The #1 Way to Shave Five Strokes Off Your Golf Game
- What Would Happen to You if [Big Niche Site or Business] Disappeared Tomorrow? Example: What Would Happen to You if Google Disappeared Tomorrow?
- Here’s What Smart [Niche/Group/People] Do When They Want to [Get Benefit] Example: At Smart Dentists Do When They Want to Get Rid of Tooth Pain
I recommend you try it too by clicking the Buy Now button below:
I’m trying to imagine what this would look like.
I know its only $7 but would need a better idea what is there.
You’re a frugal man Joe. Good for you. Refresh the blog post and you’ll see I listed TEN out of the fifty you’ll get.
Hope that helps.
Hi Drew. Dave Smith here.
Would you know of a software, program, product, or other
that you could “showcase” what you have done?
Like projects, videos you may like, how you rank things,
examples of emails, blogs, maybe a website………
I am actually hunting for a real good paying salaried Marketing job, and sometimes they ask me for a “portfolio”, and the only thing I know how to do is basically wing it, or send them to me website.
Any thoughts would be appreciated…
There are many WordPress themes that include a “Portfolio” page that can do what you describe. You can also use something like OptimizePress to create killer pages and portfolio pages.
You can do a simple Google search for something like “wordpress themes, portfolio” and you’ll have a list of one’s to check out. Let me know if you still need help.